For Animals is dedicated to eliminating companion animal homelessness, engaging our larger community as vital and active participants in this shared social and ethical responsibility, and providing that community with the resources and education necessary to achieve these goals together.
The vision of For Animals is a New York City metropolitan area in which:
- the everyday decisions and actions of society at large reflect and promote all animals’ right to a safe and healthy life.
- Trap-Neuter-Return resources are widely accessible and actively utilized by community members in all five boroughs.
- the importance of spaying/neutering companion animals and the humane treatment of every animal are core values upheld by all citizens of the city.
- adopting companion animals from no-kill shelters is considered the norm among current and prospective pet owners.
- public-intake shelters no longer euthanize healthy or treatable animals for want of funds or living space.
- no companion animal is ever born into, nor abandoned to, homelessness for any reason.